The Dragon's Dive
Come on in while the food is warm and there is plenty of drink to go around! Shirogane Ward 6 Plot 7
Out of Character [OOC]
Out of Character we are a casual content, medium roleplay free company; located in the heart of the Forest! Our Company location is: Shirogane Ward 6 Plot 7. We do casual content: Dailies, Maps, Diadem runs, and can assist in various dungeon needs. Although we do not raid, we have members who are apart of their own statics that can assist you in getting set up for raids. Ask us!
We host a variety of events. Our Saturday Nights are content nights, where we do maps, primal farming and various other content related events. Sunday nights is our night for our free company story line! This is where your character gets to shine! We do a variety of things for our story line such as, unsynced runs, dungeons and dragons [d&d] style roleplay, researching and looking for clues. We mostly run these in a d&d format, which allows your character to be creative in finding a variety of clues. Friday nights we host for the public our Tavern. The public can join to relax and dine in our tavern. Positions are available if you prefer to serve and give everyone a humble smile.
Our Mini - Mods allow for a variety of small roleplay to happen whenever possible. They can be written by you and you can send friends out on missions for the company. Our officers will be running these mini events as well. Ask us for our [IC] linkpearl to join in on the fun.
Our Company has an expectation that everyone who joins us attends three events at their choosing; within their first month. This allows us the chance to get to know you. If you are joining our linkpearl as a guest of another free company, this does not apply. If that is the case you may show up whenever, as you are not an official member of the free company. We can, however, close off events due to space and time if need be; to free company members only.
In Character [IC]
We are a company that assists the public in the good that we do. We have a variety of members in our ranks. From formerly living on the streets to wanting to get away from high society; people have come from all over to work for the company. Our Tavern acts as a shield to discourage problems from following our crew home.
Our mercenary crew is responsible for helping to protect society from shady individuals. They are to investigate crimes for our grand companies and come up with a person of arrest. They also provide protection to the nearby companies in delivering goods and services. In some cases, our mercenaries lend a hand in certain types of research; depending on their knowledge or interests. Want to join? Speak with Ganzorig Chonos and Tadashi'li Betwanhe; our heads of Mercenaries.
Our Stealth crew is much quieter about the work that they do. They assist the mercenaries in their day to day operations, from the shadows. They can use any means necessary to prevent crime going on the rise. Some lurk around to see if a person drops any information, or they can hinder them by pick pocketing the criminal; making it impossible for them to pay for extra bodies. Want to join? Speak with Timotheos Tsal and Zega Drackonius; our heads of Stealth.
What we offer!
Our tavern is a welcoming hub to those who wish to relax and enjoy themselves. We run this on Friday Nights, 9:30pm EST - 11:30pm EST! Coming out to our tavern nights allows you to meet and get connected with our characters. This is why we stress coming to this event if you are interested in joining the linkpearl or our free company. Simply ask about mercenary work or even working at the Tavern if that's more your style.
Our Tavern is laid back; designed to be social. We have three tables, a comfortable seating area in front of the fire and six bar seats. Free Companies wishing to book us for an evening can do so by contacting Lily Chonos on discord or in game. [LilyCH#0971]
Live entertainment is sometimes scheduled for that evening. If you'd like to perform at our venue please speak with Lily or one of our officers; under contacts. Please be prepared in your performance. Gil is by tipping only at this time. Live performances usually do not bring in any revenue at this time. Our bards and songsmith can assist in any knowledge they have in that.
To continue supporting a relaxed, laid back environment; we ask guests to support us in these house-keeping rules. Failure to follow them will result in either being asked to leave. ((In Character Consequences will happen if your character chooses to disrupt/cause grief and ignore us when we ask them to stop. If we cannot approach you IC about it, or have tried multiple times to get you to stop, than it could be considered griefing and taken up with our Game's GMs!))
1. If a fight is about to happen you will be asked to leave the premise. What happens outside the bar is none of our concern. Feel free to use the lawn as you seem fit.
2. Ask permission to start a show or cause interruptions. Our bard and songsmith are great at allowing people to perform. However, give them a oocly heads up if you will join them or interrupt their show. We do allow people to perform on our stage!
3. Keep your clothes on. There are plenty of 18+ venues you can take advantage of on the server. Ours is not one of them.
4. Stay off our tables and Bar. Seriously! Go home! You're drunk.
5. Disrespect is unwelcome. We are perfectly fine with showing you the door if it will please you more. If it's not your cup of tea or you wish to submit a complaint; ask to speak with Lily and I'll happily listen. I take all complaints, suggestions and concerns seriously and want everyone to have a good time.
The Dragon's Dive Combat System
Our Combat System is an easier to understand D&D 5E flare. If you have any questions: ask your DM!
Our little community enjoys adding a little flare to our combat and fighting system. Not only does it make the jobs seem more immersive, it allows you; the player, to come up with interesting ideas to overcome boundaries. Well let’s get you started in stats and information.
We roll our attacks, searching, persuasions, ect using /random. It will generate a number from 1-999. To make it simple we just use the first number and ignore the rest. That first number becomes your attack roll! There is no misses or defense rolls as it is already assumed in your HP. Don't worry it is very rare for a person to experience a total 0 HP knock out.
Save checks can be rolled as well. Our DM can take the following information and make it harder for you to roll saves or check depending on how hard it is to achieve. Below is just a guideline: (This is only for saves and checks and not for attack rolls. Attack rolls are automatic and will hit regardless; unless you roll 0)
0 - Crit fail
1 - 3 - fail
4 - 6 - slight success
7 - 8 - Good roll
9 - Crit Success
If you roll a 9 on your attack you get a critical success and you do 10 damage rather than 9. If you roll a 9 during a search and said items are not in the location, it does not mean you automatically find it. You just know damn sure that it’s not there.
Everyone gets a stat bonus for the class they bring with them. Class bonus is determined by which class you show up with. These bonuses only work out of combat. It is to the discretion of the GM whether or not you are successful; as some things may be more complicated to find or attack than others.
Warrior - Con/Str
Dark Knight - Con/Str
Paladin - Con/Str
Gunbreaker - Con/Str
White Mage - Mind
Scholar - Mind
Astrologian - Mind
Monk - Str
Dragoon - Str
Samurai - Str
Ninja - Dex
Bard - Dex
Machinist - Dex
Dancer - Dex
Black Mage - Int
Red Mage - Int
Summoner/Arcanist - Int
Here is what you can get a bonus in:
Animal Handling (Mind)
Performance (Int/Dex) [Depends if throwing knives or playing music]
Persuasion (Mind/Dex) (so bards can be bards)
Sleight of Hand (Dex)
Everyone rolls initiative. You can be as creative as you want with your attacks but you won’t be beheading anyone until they drop to 0 HP. So you need to rp that you are going to make an attack and then roll or roll ahead then make your attack.
Tanks are given 40 Hp
Melee/Physical Ranged are given 30 Hp
Casters/Healers are given 20 Hp
As you attack you will let us know what your attack is and /random. If you get /478 you have rolled a 4 damage so the person would subtract 4 from their health. Players cannot be killed. They will be knocked unconscious. So you don’t have to worry about remorts with your pc.
Healing is rolled for but you can skip the roll to hit. Your healing must be said to the GM and it takes up your combat for the round. If you roll a 9 you heal for 10 instead. Aoe healing is the same as below, however, you are healing instead of attacking.
Aoe’s can happen as we have black mages and the like, however you will subtract 5 from the attack if you split the attack between and it must be said before the attack that you are aoe attacking.
Custom classes are on a case by case matter and should be discussed with the DM ahead of the game. They can choose whether or not to nerf or change some of the stats of the custom class in order to create a balanced experience.
We understand that each class has amazing abilities in our game. These abilities make it so that there is a lot of creativity to be had. Realistically we currently have a basic system based off of D&D 5E and unfortunately cannot accomidate some class abilites as they may or may not break our current system. You can always ask to speak to your DM about it and they can make the final call to keep the mod going. If it doesn't sit well with you; you may talk to Head of House to decide. Keep in mind, that the most our villains can do to you is 10 damage. This is not as threatening as most D&D experiences, where you could be looking at almost a one shot hit. This makes it hard for us to allow certain abilities like shields because there isn't that much damage in the first place and it doesn't allow for you to have that jaw dropping epic save as a healer.
Head of House
Lily Chonos - Owner of Company [Discord: LilyCH#0971]
Ganzorig Chonos - Owner of Company/Lead of Mercenaries [Discord: Ganz#3070]
Lead of Mercenaries
Tadashi'li Betwanhe - [Discord: WinsomeWhelp#6274]
Lead of Stealth
Timothesos Tsal - [Discord: Smyth#1568]
1. Respect everyone - Everyone plays this game to have fun. We want to make sure that everything from FC chat is respectful and fun for all to enjoy. Absolutely no discrimination is allowed. Think before you post. If it could be about a sensitive subject; please try to avoid it.
2. NSFW is not allowed - Please keep our discord and FC Chat SFW! ERP must be done in the privacy of your own linkshells, member owned rooms (Not officers if we are using it for public use)) and locked, party chats. We are realistic and understand everyone has different rp needs, however, we don't want to see it.
3. Pictures - If you are taking any sort of photo whether modded or not, please get consent first. This is only for NSFW screenshots and not for regular screenies of your friends. Please do not share nsfw modded screenshots in this discord. Send it to the person if they request to see it.
4. No Drama - This includes witch hunting, fc bashing and the like. I know not every fc is perfect and we welcome everyone from afar to join us. If in character just mention your company needs have changed so you have moved.
5. Listen to the GM's while a mod is happening. Character drama is expected at our events but sometimes we have to keep the event moving for time restrictions. Listen to your GM's they make final calls. If you have a problem we can discuss it after the event and make the changes then.
6. Be on time for events. Real life will happen that prevents you from being on time. This is understandable, but please avoid it if possible. The times are planned specifically for the time restrains of the mod.
7. All Wyrmlings must attend three events within their first month of joining or be removed from the FC. Leaders will encourage and ask you to join us for events. However, those wishing to join must make it out to the three events. There is no excuses.
8. Please have fun! This is most important. Contact us or your Leaders if you need help filling out our character sheets and understanding our table top method. We are here to help and many of us love to talk about rp and characters. If you find verbal easier we can help with that as well in our FC Hub.
9. Please change your Discord name to match your Character's name so we can tell who you are on this server. It also allows us to match your character information to you and connect with you in the event there is a plot twist for your character. ((Discord only)) [Please note that even if you are joining our Discord with no intentions on roleplaying, you are still required to change your name to your in game name.]
1. Please see Characters and post the information required. We use this information for story purposes and they are only known OOCly. We may ask you for more details to add to the Free Company story line.
2. IC Drama stays in character. If you are particularly confused by something please seek that person out and ask to clarify. Talking things out OOCly may make it easier to understand the person behind the character. Best to be open and honest; especially with in character romances and rp partners.
3. FC Courtesy. Please respect that the free company house is a roleplay hub and that OOC chat can make it difficult for people to roleplay. Try to create a happy medium. If you wish to have an OOC conversation please do so outside or in party chat if you can.
4. God modding/Meta-gaming is not allowed. If you don't know it in character, you don't know it. Try not to use any information that you don't know in character. God-modding is the act of making your character undefeatable or basically overpowered. You get 1 soul stone that you know. As for personal history, please keep it reasonable. According to our rules if your HP drops to 0 your character is unconscious so please keep this in mind. This applies for any fights or challenges to keep it reasonable and fair for fighting.
6. Due to the nature of our RP storyline events, we ask that all characters be over the age of 18 if they wish to participate. This rule does not include Tavern Night, or other casual RP.
7. We will be keeping 1 Main character and 1 Alt character in total in our FC. This is for organizational purposes and to make it easier on the leads and myself to keep track of everyone in the FC. Any more alts made that goes over the 1 Alt will need to find either another FC or be out of the company. We understand some members do have more alts. These alts will be grandfathered in. Any more alts made after April 18th/2019 will be subjected to this rule
You, the player, are in charge of deciding how and why your character chooses to show up. (Going Forward.) Leaders can offer up suggestions and information regarding to modular and generally to help you, but your character is your character and only you know your character best. If you feel that your character would not do something: Let us know; however, GM's can make the call to side line your character if there is no other option available.
Feel free to ask us for ideas. We welcome any ideas you wish to share especially with modular creation. On our discord is a step by step instruction to creating mini mods. We welcome any ideas and suggestions.
You do not have to be a member to make suggestions or participate. We ask that you respect the rules while you join us and respect the individuals you are with. If someone is breaking the rules and you wish to report it; contact us immediately. Members and non members alike are all treated with the same dignity and respect as noted in the rules above.